Sunday 17 March 2013

Being me is the easiest thing in the world…

Today I choose to be me. I mean the REAL Me.  The “extraordinary being” who’s inspiration and empowering to others.   So if this hasn’t been me, who have I been.  Simply a lesser version of version. 
I dialled down ‘me’ at work. I played a small game. I took safe options. I was complacent, serving and a team player.  But I am more than that!  So today.. I choose to be the ‘thought provoker’ at work.  I am going to work with me team about how we can ‘Get Real’.  How we can add real value.  Anything less is simply lip service. How fabulous that we have a team day planned! 
I was also playing a smaller game in my community.  For example, every morning it’s the same crew at the bus stop!  Its super early and we’re all tired and the secret code of society has always dictated that you nod politely and bumble ‘hello’ then fall into a trace of self-reflection with a ‘don’t bother me’ stance…..I’m working on world peace. 
Not this morning, I said “Good Morning and how fabulous to see you again!” Yes I got ‘that look’ but in the next 3 minutes I learn more about this stranger than I have in the last 18 months.  I was suddenly more forgiving of her need to have a cigarette at the bus stop at 6 am in the morning. I got it!  If she knew better, she would have done better and she’s not yet ready for her change.  And that ok, as that’s her business.
So back to my business.  The mind and the body is so powerfully aligned and I absolutely now see how the many layers (both physically and emotionally) are standing between me and “The Real Me”.  This connection is critical.   We are starting to make some small changes at home. Little things like removing bread and moving away from processed foods.  Our little family of 4 is feeling great and I’m really thrilled with our readiness and acceptance of a new way.  By honouring our bodies and what goes in them is surely a green light in getting in touch with the real me.
So look at!  “Grandest Version of myself”. I’m coming for you!
So on this Monday, be kind to yourself, your body and those in your lives.
Let the mask slip and simply be YOU!  It really is the easiest thing in the world to do.
xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment