Monday 18 March 2013

The revealing of my mask...

My true life started without me and I'm claiming it back with a vengeance.

Today I wanted to tell you a little more about me and my journey back to design.

In the beginning we are all the same
We are all start as babies, who grow into infants and children.
We are taught to be creative and get messy.

For some of us that's smearing vegemite on walls, others it's drawing within the lines, but we all experienced creativity of some kind as a child.
As we grew into teenagers and adults, we are forced to take a path.

For me that path, was university to study business management which lead to a career in project management in areas such as law enforcement, intelligence, consulting and now finance services,

So there I was with a responsible job, good pay check, husband, house,2 gorgeous kids and I should be happy right.

So why did I feel disconnected, and fake, with an obsession of chevron cushions? And don't get my husband started on my weekly activity of moving my furniture around.he jokes that every Friday it's a new house!

My life was off kilter and I just didn't know it.
My mask was on so tight with the perception of WHO I should be.
This was the life I designed and orchestrated. Right?

About 15 months ago, my mask slipped and i started to listen to my inner guide which brought me back to creativity.

My 7 year old self encouraged me to start a blog and study design
And Thinking Designs was the result.
i created this company celebrate design and its potency in ours lives.

I found my true life had started without me and now I'm claiming it back with a vengeance and can't wait to help you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment